We are thrilled that, thanks to funding from Ecclesiastical Movement for Good we will be supporting the development of Homeshare in Scotland during 2021/2022.
Offering the opportunity for two individuals to share their lives and their homes, Homeshare breaks down loneliness and isolation across generations. Typically it supports older people to live in their own homes for longer and younger people to access affordable accommodation, with both sharing aspects of their lives for mutual benefit.
To get the programme off of the ground in the next 12 months we will be:
- working with groups of older and young people, commissioners and delivery partners to develop feasibility studies in three areas of Scotland
- creating a network of Homeshare champions in Scotland to promote the concept of Homeshare and act as ambassadors for the model.
Following the delivery of the feasibility studies we will work with organisations to:
- develop a Homeshare model that works for them
- identify funding streams to help the start up of their Homeshare model
- develop their own five year delivery plans
- join the Homeshare UK Network
We held a well attended initial online event on the 29th April for anyone interested in the benefits Homeshare could bring to their organisation, areas and local communities. We are grateful to those that came and for the enthusiasm and motivation they showed for the project.
A follow up event looking at practicalities of setting up and running a Homeshare programme, which will be held on 10th June.
If you would like to attend this session or hear more about our development plans for Scotland, please contact Tina Morrow, Scotland Homeshare Development Officer on 07525234698 or email@example.com
I am interested in finding out if there might be any opportunities to match my 92 year old mother with someone who could share her home in Balerno, (EH14 7JE). I realise that the Homeshare programme is still at a very early stage in Edinburgh but I would appreciate any more information about it as it is developed.
So pleased to hear this innovative programme is being introduced in Scotland. Looking forward to learning when it will be launched.
Hello, I would be interested in being a champion for this. Please let me know. Kind regards