The Homeshare Team can provide strategic advice and support to
Our services reflect the good practice outlined in the Homeshare Good Practice Guide and the National Quality Assurance Framework, both of which are maintained and updated with input from government and national partners.
Who we are
We are HomeshareUK part of Shared Lives Plus.
Our expertise draws on our UK-wide membership of virtually every Homeshare programme in the country. We are the trusted partner of government and the regulators, who draw on our materials in inspections. Our goal is to find great ways for many more people to share their homes and lives. We constantly develop and update a complete set of guidance, policies and national datasets which cover every aspect of delivering Homeshare safely and well. We also support council and NHS commissioners to develop their local
Our team includes:
- Our widely-published CEO, Alex Fox FRSA, who has prominent leadership roles with the Think Local, Act Personal partnership and NHS England’s Integrated Personal Commissioning board.
- Our H
omeshareStaff Team who have worked extensively with organisationsand individuals to support the start upand development of new schemes.
- Our team of freelance consultants with experience of Homeshare delivery.
We are unique. We are the only national charity and membership body for the Homeshare sector. We are values-led and always focus on sustainably improving the quality, effectiveness
Opportunities for Homeshare in your area
Homeshare tackles two challenges through one intergenerational approach:
- Older people gain companionship and
- Carefully vetted and selected sharers find somewhere affordable to live
- The local scheme supports participants to form long-lasting matches, putting in place the safeguarding and support needed for this to work well
- Local programmes aim to be self-sustaining through participants’ charges
We can help you with:
- scoping the requirements of a new Homeshare Scheme including; feasibility study, consultation and research with key stakeholders and business planning
- training covering key policy and practice areas
- process and resource design including safeguarding, monitoring, data collection, outcome monitoring and design of key forms.
- developing a plan and evaluation framework
- an independent process and impact evaluation
- recruitment and selection of staff
- writing bids and business proposals
- developing a framework for commissioning a Homeshare service
Our strategic advice and support
For more information about our services please see our strategic advice and support offer or please contact us via email or telephone.